Thursday, March 17, 2011

I made a bible cover. No really.. I did!

Once again I've craft swappin' on Craftster . This time it was for the March Birthday Swap. The idea is if your birthday is in March you sign up and post a little bio about yourself along with a wish list of crafted items, supplies and extras you would like. Then you wait until someone claims an item from your list to send you as a birthday gift. Well I picked a lady in Virginia who is actually pretty similar to me. She's a crunchy, homeschooling mommy who had a list I could have made myself. One thing on her list was a surprise from her Wist so I headed on over and saw a bible cover.. this bible cover . I thought " Hey! I can make that!" I search for tutorials but quickly realized a zippered cover wasn't going to happen. ( Have I mentioned how much I dislike zippers??)




All was not lost though because I found this pattern and knew it was the one! I love the my partner loved black and white and found the perfect material.


It was a very straight forward pattern and very easy to put together. It turned out so very nice. Here it is.



It looks sharp. I was really really impressed with how it turned out! I love it when I make something for someone else and I am genuinely proud of it.



Here is the inside where you put the bible. There is a small pocket for pens. The whole kit and caboodle is tied closed with with a ribbon.


It was really fun putting this together for my partner. I hope she likes it. :)

4 comments:

Mama A said...

Gorgeous!! I really love it :) You did a fantastic job!! That would be a fantastic gift for Aaron :) I think I would also love one for my books, on the go.

Erikka said...

I could make you one:)

daydreamer said...

WOW!!! that is beautiful. you certainly did do a wonderful job. I'll bet someone will be sooooo pleased to receive such a gift. thanks for sharing the pics.

Erikka said...

Thanks guys! Turns out it was a little snug ( measuring is not my forte..lol) but she just removed the topstitching and it was fine. :)
Rebecca, keep an eye out. I've been stitchin'! I think I'm going to post that soon.